Saturday, October 07, 2006

Just another entry...

Heard of Def Tech before? They are by far one of the most phenomenal musical duos in Japan. Their rise to fame is exponential! Literally from zero to hero!

I was introduced to thier music by some Japanese friends of mine, and i must say that i was totally blown away! Their brand of music is know as "Jawaiian." From what i gather, "Jawaiian" incorporates Jamaican & Hawaiian raggae music, Japanese J-pop, as well as Hip Hop/R&B. It's a smooth blend of musical styles, to me at least. But what really impressed me was the things that they sing about. They're not just a bunch of boyband wannabes who sing only about love, relationships and sex (although I don't think that's a very bad thing either), rather, they sing about issues like discrimination, women's rights friendship etc.

One of the Def Tech members, Micro, happens to be a very active SGI member as well, which probably explains lyrics.

I love the SGI!

---

No comments: