Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Black Swindler...

Monday, the 29th of September, 2008.

As promised, we met again. The plan was to have dinner at Miharu, where they served authentic Hokkaido ramen.

Picked her up from her hall at about 3.15 pm. We wore the same colour top! Navy blue! What a coincidence! Hmm...is it fate?

Anyway, I had to meet a client to collect some samples, so i brought her along. I like traveling in the car with her actually. 

At Ubi TechPark where my client was located, i passed her a booklet of my CDs and told her to wait at the basement car-park for awhile. 

Once i was done, i hurried down to the car-park, and along the way, bought a cake for her. She was listening to music while sleeping. My little princess was resting.

I knocked on my car door, "Ohaiyo!" i said.

She was listening to music from one of my CDs that apparently, her boyfriend likes too. I tried to act cool with that, even though deep in my heart, i felt shattered. Mid-way through our journey, she said she felt sleepy, and so i told her to take a nap, and that i would wake her up when we have arrived. 

At Mohd Sultan Road, Miharu doesn't open for dinner until 6pm. I knew that she adores reading, and so i decided to bring her to Bongout, a Japanese book cafe for some drinks. She was absolutely ecstatic when she saw the place! She loves places like these, where the ambience is relaxing. 

"Wonderful!" I thought, "I could bring her here again!"

I ordered a beer, while she ordered English tea, and before you knew it, my little princess scurried of to look at the display of books that were available. In the meantime, i was just sitting there, sipping my beer, and savouring the moment.

"Nana!" she exclaimed! "It's the only manga i read! My friends 'forced' me to read this manga. I need to keep up with it if not i won't have anything to say!" she continued.

"I'm glad you could find this manga here!" i said, truly feeling happy for her.

While she was reading her manga, i took a copy of that day's Straits Times and started reading as well.

6.15pm, and i asked if she wanted to proceed on to Miharu.

"A few more minutes please, i would love to finish reading this manga." she replied.

"Sure my little sister," i said. "Take your time."

Nothing much happened at Miharu. Oh! She was really happy to eat the ramen, and she ate really quickly because it was sooooo delicious!

"Let's go for a movie?" i asked. "I feel like watching Kurosagi!"

"OK!" was her joyful and unique reply.

I initially brought her to Cathay, but Kurosagi was not screened there. We ended up back at Cineleisure, the place where i first brought her to watch a movie at, and also the first place in Singapore where she watched a movie.

Kurosagi was to be screened at 9.30pm, initially she felt it was too late, as she needed to study for an exam. She later changed her mind, and decided to watch it, much to my delight! The decision was made at about 8pm.

"Wanna head on to Takashimaya?" I asked her.

"Good idea!" She said, and off we went.

We shopped around Ngee Ann City. I explained to her about the architecture of Ngee Ann City, and before you knew it, we had to go back to Cineleisure. I brought her to the basement of Takashimaya first, and we saw this Japanese ice-cream shop. I straightaway asked if she'd like some ice-cream. Her eyes lit up, "i want green tea flavour!" she exclaimed excitedly.

We walked back to Cineleisure while eating our ice creams, some really good ice cream i must say! She really loves everything green! Too bad our 'Green Princess' had to leave on the 8th of October for Kelantan, if not we could have another date with her.

Once we entered Cineleisure, we saw a Famous Amos store. She loves chocolate, and wanted to try some of the chocolate products at the store. I bought her a chocolate muffin. We then proceeded to the 4th floor.

"Woah! The pop-corn que is so long!" i said to my dismay.

"It's ok, let's just forget about the pop-corn," she urged me.

Then i saw this tid bit store. We went there and bought some sweets instead.

Nice show! 'Kurosagi' is about a swindler who swindles swindlers, and for that, he is known as the 'Black Swindler.' Got it? Awesome!

"I wanna study in Yuko University!" I said to her while we were walking to the car-park. What i meant was that i wanted to learn Japanese from her.

"Sure! Haha, but it's gonna be tough!" she answered with a big smile.

I drove her back to hall, and along the way, i also brought her to take in some sights and sounds.

We arrived at her hall at about 12am. As usual, i walked her up to her room.

Next up, Shinjuku for shiyokara. Wishing her all the best for her exam!


No comments: