Sunday, September 28, 2008

Living my dream.

Life truly is full of surprises. I have the Gohonzon, and now i have found the inspiration to chant abundant Daimoku.

My prayers have been answered almost instantaneously. 

I brought her out on Thursday evening. We went over to my place in Mt Austin, JB. First time i had ever gone out with a girl that i'm crazy over, and even though she's already attached, it didn't matter, as i truly planned to enjoy the company. For the next few hours, we did many things that i could only dream about before!

From Mt Austin, we headed straight to Kota Tinggi. We chatted in the car on the way there. Talked about her problems and discussed the solutions. I offered some advice too. When we talked about chanting, i mentioned that recently i've been chanting a lot for a particular someone. Yup, i was chanting for her, but i didn't want to tell it to her.

Having arrived at KT, we had an awesome seafood dinner at 'Restoran Public.' I ordered food that she loves, prawn, squid, vegetables and a fish. She totally enjoyed the food. Her reaction to it was just so pure and cute! It warmed my heart tremendously seeing how happy she was. Did i mentioned that she reminded me a lot of one of my first cousins? That's right! Even the way they laughed was so similar!

Firefly viewing was next. It was just after a rain, and the night sky over KT was cloudless. We waited for the boat to take us along Sungai Johor. Once we set off from the river jetty, it was pitch dark. We looked up, wow! The sky was full of stars, and she was really overwhelmed by that beautiful sight! Right there and then, everything felt so right to me, and i realised that i was no longer in a dream, i living it out! When the boat took us further down the river, the sight of the fireflies that greeted us was totally unexpected. Even i had never seen fireflies in such a brilliant display before!

"You are a very lucky girl today," i said to her. "I feel very happy for you!."

The boatman then shook one of the firefly trees so that we could catch a firefly or two. Well, one of them did stick on to her alright. It was as if the firefly was trying to woo her!

"This is my new found pet!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, you've found a new friend!" I replied.

It truly was a magical night, a treasure that i will forever keep in my heart.

Back in Mt Austin. We wanted to watch a movie at Aeon Tebrau City. We went there and voila, the cinema was closed! I knew how much she love movies, and when we found out that the cinema wasn't opened, i was so embarrassed.

"Don't worry," she said. "Maybe it's best that you go retire to bed, since you require 8 to 10 hours of sleep before our flight tomorrow."

Those words just melted me, and from there we proceeded back to the carpark, but before that, we did some late night shopping at Jusco supermarket since it was still opened! 

"Oh no! This carpark exit is closed!" I said in disbelief. "I think we need to walk quite a big round to our particular carpark now, is it ok for you?" i asked. 

"Of course!" She replied.

"Thank you! If you are too tired to walk, let me know, and i'll carry you!" i said.

"Haha, ok then!" She said as she pretended to hop on my back!

This small little action of hers impacted me a great deal. It may not be much, but once again, it made my heart melt. I felt even more closer to her. Am i being too sensitive? Ah well, whatever it was, like i said, i just wanted to enjoy living out my dream.

While walking that one big round, more bonding took place, and i learnt a whole lot more about her.

Back at my home, we chatted at the 'Family Corner,' over Pepsi Cola, i also showed her my childhood pictures. We then proceeded to do evening Gongyo together. It was just so surreal. I've always wanted to do Gongyo alone with the girl of my dreams, and it actually happened! I then retired to bed after Gongyo, while she proceeded to use my laptop. That night, somehow, i couldn't really sleep. I kept dreaming about her.

7.30am the next morning, a Friday, we both awoke to stormy skies. Bad news for me, as it meant that we might not be able to fly! We did morning Gongyo and Daimoku together before setting off. The weather seemed a little bit better at the airport, but the sky was still not 'piper warrior friendly.' We proceeded on to the hanger anyhow and I ran through the external aircraft checks together with her. We then waited at the hanger for the skies to clear up. Waited, waited and waited until we decided to go for some breakfast.

We went to the main airport terminal for some pastry. It took my mind off the weather for awhile because we couldn't see what's going on outside. Was really pleased that she enjoyed the breakfast. 

After that, we headed straight back to the cargo apron. The weather turned for the better, and our 'Green Princess' awaited us. It was as if this aircraft was meant for her! She loves the colour green! It was my last flight with the 'Green Princess,' and she was here to share the moment with me. Nice!

"Yeah! It's good to go!" i said as we hopped on board the aircraft.

We flew to the west of the airfield, before we headed for South of Gunung Pulai. I showed her the reservoir where Singapore buys water from. I also handed controls of the aircraft to her most of the time. It was her first time operating an aircraft.

I did a touch and go later on, and after that, we landed the 'Green Princess' together. My hand on top of hers controlling the throttle. I just find that so sweet!

Lunch was after the flight, brought her to Austin Hills Country Club for some makan. And then, we went back to my JB home. I took a nap while she utilised my laptop. She then decided to also take a nap while i headed to my factory to do some things.

Damn, traveling to the factory alone, i kinda felt sad. Started to miss her. Started to like her even more. It's a feeling, well, not a very good feeling i must say, that is really hard to describe.

Back home, while she was still asleep, i kept thinking about her still, and i also still couldn't really believe that she's so 'close to me yet still so far,' if you know what i mean.

As the Gohonzon was just beside the room she was sleeping in, i decided to chant. Nevermind that she couldn't be mine, i just wanted to relish the moment that she is physically near me with the Gohonzon. While chanting, thoughts again were running through my mind. I started to chant for her to wake up from her rest and chant beside me Lo and behold, she suddenly appeared from the room, knelt beside me and chanted!

We did a good 15 minutes of Daimoku and Gongyo. After which, I then showed her my scenes in Singapore Dreaming and also let her listen to an episode of 'The Buddhist Podcast,' where i sent a shout-out for her and other Soka Unversity school mates. She was pleasantly surprised i must say. Too bad Jason, the podcaster, said her name wrongly. However, i assured her that he will correct his mistake on the next episode.

"Please tell me when the next episode is out!" she said in an excited manner!

"You bet!" I responded.

Out of the blue, i just suddenly asked her a question.

"Have you watched the Kansai Bunkasai before?" i asked.

"No," she replied.

"Really? Wow! There are so many firsts when you come out with me!" I exclaimed. "Let's watch it together!" i continued. 

Watching the culture festival DVD with her was also what i was hoping for, and again, dream came true!

After that, we headed back to Singapore, on the way out, i suddenly asked her if she had a pen, as i forgot to bring mine out, and i needed to write something. 

"Yup, i do, i brought 2 pens out today, one for you and one for me." she replied.

"That's really very thoughtful of you!" I said, " I'm honestly truly very touched by your thoughtfulness!" i continued from the bottom of my heart. That was just one of her attributes that i really felt attracted to. She really is an awesome young lady!

Back in Singapore, we went to Causeway Point to watch "Mama Mia." Another surprise, for me at least, awaited us there. My mum, sister and brother were also there watching the same movie by coincidence! Which meant that i also got to introduce her to my siblings, something that i found really heart warming! Felt like i was introducing a girlfriend to them. Actually, for now, all i can do is treat her like my younger sister, and hope that my parents would adopt her as their god daughter! 

All good things must come to an end though. I had to send her back to her halls residence. I sent her up to her doorstep, bade her farewell, and promised to take her out for some delicious authentic Japanese ramen on Monday.

Another date for another day.

No comments: