Friday, August 03, 2007

My mentor, my life, my future....

'The important thing is to have the stand alone spirit, the determination to overcome all difficulties within one's current circumstances. When one regards something as impossible, the wall of difficulty appears higher and stronger, and one loses the courage to observe reality as it is, eventually losing the ability to summon forth the power needed to confront it. After making a half hearted effort and failing, one draws the cowardly conclusion that it was impossible, just as one expected.
On the other hand, when one makes up one's mind "to win without fail," the imaginary wall of difficulty begins to crumble. In one's heart, the lion-king spirit awakens, and one tackles one's challenges head-on, roaring out to them confidently, "Come on!"'
-Translated excerpts from "Thoughts on The New Human Revolution," By my mentor, Daisaku Ikeda.

For what purpose did i start to do this Central Label business? There're so many things out there that i wanna do. I wanna be in show biz, become a pilot and make a movie!
But hey, you know what? I think i have found a motivation, even though it's not firmly rooted in my life yet. I wanna do this for my future wife and children. I wanna lay a super solid foundation now so that i can give them the best things in life. If i can succeed, my wife and kids, and me, would be sacked for life!
You can call me very traditional, but actually, i wouldn't want my wife to be working. I'd really like her to be a housewife. I would like her to spend quality time with our kids, at least until they have turned 12 or something. I would really love to purchase a colonial mansion that sits on a big plot of land with an old giant tree for me to build a tree house on. I want my young children to have as much space to run around, to climb trees and to fall down. I wanna climb the tree house with my kids. It'll be awesome because we can do so many things with them in there! We can share stories, play games or just tickle each other to 'death!' It would be an awesome way for them to get close to nature in their own backyard.
In other words, i want to become wealthy enough to provide my family with a good life, and when everything is accomplished, i'd probably sell all my businesses and travel the world for one whole year together with my family!
Haha, but first, sigh....i've gotta find my life companion, or someone who is willing to have my child.
Ok, having said that, that doesn't mean i'm gonna give up on my other dreams, the dream of flying, movie making and becoming a celebrity of sorts.
Right now though, i've gotta focus on the situation at hand. It's kinda like taking bitter medicine now, know what i mean?

I've got an awesome mentor in my life! To not learn from him would be such a waste. It really pains me that not many people know about him. He is one person who walks the talk, and i'm striving to put his guidances into practice. I strongly urge you, my faithful reader, to do the same! You can never find a person like him ever again, not even in another million years. He is old now, and he won't last very long, so better grab every chance you can to seek him out!
I'm thinking of doing some video recordings to upload them on YouTube, and i'm also thinking of starting my own podcast, probably modeling it after "PlanetJapan." "Pore-Planet-Singa" perhaps? Doug! Would you be my "podcast" mentor?

NDP 07 is fast approaching! Yippee!

No comments: